Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme core switch and Top of rack switches

Extreme core switch and Top of rack switches

Asifi
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

I have a setup question.  I have 2 sites with and Extreme 8404 core switch at each site.

I have 2x top of rack switches in a port channel on each site going into their respective Extreme core ports.

However, I do not have a core connection from Extreme core switch site A to top of rack site B and Extreme core switch site B to top of rack switch site A.

Can anyone advise the best way to do this please?

I have a fibre link between the the 2 sites with free fibre cores to use.  The top of rack switches are currently using 2 core ports at each site going into the Extreme core switch (LACP).

The below is what I need.

Asifi_0-1728910164240.png

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

WillyHe
Contributor

When the CORE's are in SMLT cluster configuration then you can connect the DELL switch/stacks wit one LAG (static or LACP active) the SMLT LAG's on the CORE's.

When the CORE's are not SMLT cluster configuration, then you must connect each DELL switch/stack with separate links/LAG's to the local and to the remote CORE and rely on spanning tree (MSTP) for loop prevention and recovery.

Asifi
New Contributor II

@WillyHe I can confirm the cores are in SMLT Cluster configuration.  I have a multitude of SMLT links set up to other switches etc.

Thanks,

XTRMUser
Contributor

I think your cores are running VOSS correct? What about your TOR's? 

Asifi
New Contributor II

@XTRMUser - Yes on the cores it is VOSS and the TOR switches are Dell and Use OS10 Smart Fabric.

Thanks,

GTM-P2G8KFN