Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify MAC from BPDU TCs

Identify MAC from BPDU TCs

jchaumeton
New Contributor II

Hi,

we actually have a Fabric core with 4xVSP7400 we activate STP mstp because of an interconnection any to any with a provider.

We have 2 core by room and each room as an attach to the provider because of the STP one link is in Forwading and the other in blocking.

We actually have regulary TC become from the forwading port : 

GlobalRouter BRIDGE WARNING Spanning Tree: Port 1/10/1 - Received 2 TCs in 1 minute(s) 

Each TCs receive there is recalculation of topology in our network and it generate IP Phone reboot.

I try to find a way to find the Mac source of TCs without port mirroring. Maybe in activate a particular debug on STP.

Sorry for my english.

Regards,

Jonathan

6 REPLIES 6

TQU
New Contributor III

Hello Jonathan, 

Do you try with the trace level module ? 

You should try a "trace level 9 3" (trace CPU level verbose) to get BPDU TC information. Let it run around 1 minute to capture the BPDU TC. And shut it down with "trace shutdown". 

Then do a "show trace file tail | include BPDU" or "include TC" or without include. 

It should match and provide the bridge ID of the source. 

Regards,  

Théo 

jchaumeton
New Contributor II

Hey TQU, thanks for the trace level command i can use it with the module 106 (STP). The problem is that topology changes happen randomly sometimes 5 in the same day sometimes none in 5 days. 

I’m not sure I can let the trace level 106 3 command run without impacting the performance of the switch or filling the disk.

However, can you tell me in which file the traces that are generated in this mode go?

GTM-P2G8KFN