cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP-7131 stuck booting?

AP-7131 stuck booting?

yanntllr
New Contributor

I bought a Motorola/Symbol AP-7131 that when plugged in will get stuck at blinking LED1 red (booting if my reading of the manual is right) and LED 5 is solid green (2.4GHz configured), i tried letting it plugged in for 24 hours and it stays there, i also tried reading any serial output but there is nothing, or it is at a different speed than what the manual states. i am kinda lost at what i may be doing wrong or if the AP is just dead.

can anyone help?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

Seams like this AP is BAD.  The below is from the CLI user guide of the AP. If your not getting any human readable context than its safe to say it is a BAD AP. 

Accessing the CLI through the Serial Port To connect to the access point CLI through the serial port:

1. Connect one end of a null modem serial cable to the access point’s serial connector.

2. Attach the other end of the null modem serial cable to the serial port of a PC running HyperTerminal or a similar emulation program.

3. Set the HyperTerminal program to use 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control, and auto-detect for terminal emulation.

4. Press or to enter into the CLI.

5. Enter the default username of admin and the default password of motorola. If this is your first time logging into the access point, you are unable to access any of the access point’s commands until the country code is set. A new password will also need to be created.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

yanntllr
New Contributor

thanks you all with this help diagnosing my AP. really seems to be dead… now going to try to find an other one given that i have spare parts and accessories 🙂

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

Seams like this AP is BAD.  The below is from the CLI user guide of the AP. If your not getting any human readable context than its safe to say it is a BAD AP. 

Accessing the CLI through the Serial Port To connect to the access point CLI through the serial port:

1. Connect one end of a null modem serial cable to the access point’s serial connector.

2. Attach the other end of the null modem serial cable to the serial port of a PC running HyperTerminal or a similar emulation program.

3. Set the HyperTerminal program to use 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control, and auto-detect for terminal emulation.

4. Press or to enter into the CLI.

5. Enter the default username of admin and the default password of motorola. If this is your first time logging into the access point, you are unable to access any of the access point’s commands until the country code is set. A new password will also need to be created.

yanntllr
New Contributor

might have just been a fluke, tried again 3 times and twice got nothing and the last one got a space at 115200 and get a bunch of 0x00 at 19200, i feel like i am getting random garbage… i was kinda hoping that it was something stupid as it seemed to init correctly. although it makes little sense that the LEDs would act as they should if the cpu just was throwing random data on its output, but then i have no clues on the architecture of an AP, especially this one.

and as i have not seen any button to reboot i just unplug and replug it again, hope this is not the problem

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

can you share what you are seeing after you reboot the AP? 

GTM-P2G8KFN