cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3000 don’t Connect to XCC

AP3000 don’t Connect to XCC

KingstenKing
New Contributor

Hello, we have several AP3000s that do not connect to the XCC. Actually, you have to connect the access points to the cloud and send them into local mode because you can no longer switch to WingOS from the new generation.
Earlier generations such as the AP305 connect without problems.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to connect the access point to the controller manually via SSH or how to set it to local mode.
I hope someone can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey we finally got the problem fixed. The port UDP 12222 was not maintained in our firewall. We were also given a command to boot the access point locally via SSH. The command is: _system boot-os WING

In addition, they can be redirected via SSH using:
capwap ping redirector.aerohive.com
to check whether your connection to Extreme IQ Pilot is also faulty.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Starting not long ago and going forward, any model AP that HAS the ability to be managed by ExtremeCloud IQ (Cloud) but also supports management by either Cloud IQ Controller (aka XCC) and/or WiNG management platforms, must FIRST connect to ExtremeCloud IQ and then be changed to 'local' mode using the Cloud platform.

If you have APs that are not following this logic, it's likely because they are loaded with factory firmware that predates this operation.

Ken_Applebaum
New Contributor II

We had issues with the AP4000 not onboarding as local, and had multiple tickets open with GTAC in an attempt to address it. Initially I was told that this was an issue with the ExtremeCloud IQ Pilot. An upgrade was made to the Pilot, but that did not resolve the issues we had.

What was odd was some of the AP4000's onboarded properly, and others did not. As time when by, one AP, and then another onboarded as local, and not as a result of a configuration change or AP reset to factory defaults. Personally, I am not liking this onboarding via the ExtremeCloud IQ Pilot. Some model APs onboard properly (AP5050D), and others do not, and as far as I know, GTAC has not identified what the issue that affected our AP4000s is. 

All that said, your best bet may be to contact GTAC, since AFAIK there isn't a way to manually have your AP onboard as local due to the fact that they need to be assigned a regulatory "fingerprint" based on the country you are in, prior to onboarding locally as a WiNG device.

Hey we finally got the problem fixed. The port UDP 12222 was not maintained in our firewall. We were also given a command to boot the access point locally via SSH. The command is: _system boot-os WING

In addition, they can be redirected via SSH using:
capwap ping redirector.aerohive.com
to check whether your connection to Extreme IQ Pilot is also faulty.

GTM-P2G8KFN