cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC: Change Action Profile of System Rules

NAC: Change Action Profile of System Rules

M_Nees
Contributor III
Unfortunately i loose the point where i can change the NAC action profile of system rules.

14b50a671d274129a1dc5e9ce56f4674_RackMultipart20161121-46910-1wf0svw-Blacklist_inline.png

How can i change for example - the blacklist rule action profile - here from "quarantine profile" to "reject profile" ?

i previous versions there was a gui menue at the default config profile where i can change this action profile of system rules!

Does anybody knows where this is hidden now ?

Regards
7 REPLIES 7

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi James,

thanks for digging out this hidden menu for setting guest access rules ...

All my questions are clarified!

Regards

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Matthias,

Please let us know if you still have any questions,

Thanks,
Suresh.B

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Ronald,

since yesterday i learned that this particular systeme Rule (Blacklist rule) cannot be modified!
I cannot change the assigned NAC Profile (but this was what i want to do).

But I get another config button that helps me achieving my goal:
"advances rule order"
Activate this - then i am able to set a customer rule before Blacklist (system rule). This custom rule contains the default blacklist MAC object. That helps me.

Just regarding my beginning question - i am looking for this menue option ( ~ netsight 4.2):

6160ddf511db4a4f8d26a70735d253d1_RackMultipart20161122-117146-jlz0b8-2_inline.png

Anybody an idea were this is now hidden ?

James_A
Valued Contributor
That's now in the feature section of the configuration. So in full, Tools menu/Management and Configuration/NAC Configurations/Features/Click on the feature heading:

6a848250d8d746f8871eb4974e477076_RackMultipart20161124-125077-nvg605-NAC_Configuration_-_Features_inline.png

Ever since the introduction of Advanced Location-Based Access portals, modifying these defaults has only been possible through the new NAC Configurations dialog, not the old Advanced Configuration dialog. Although I do prefer the latter for most normal config, you should avoid it for portal config due to this split.
GTM-P2G8KFN