Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor data rate at client reception level

Poor data rate at client reception level

alikhelalfa
New Contributor

Dear team, 

I'm facing some connectivity issue  with some client, random disconnection that impact the productione line,  802.1x is used for corporate netwrok .

i run a script on windows level that check the signal strenght ,i will share with you some result 

the signal power is goog 83% but the reception debit is too poor (about 6mbps) 

Type de r�seau          �: Infrastructure
    Type de radio            �: 802.11ax
    Authentification        �: WPA2�-�Entreprise
    Chiffrement                �: CCMP
    Mode de connexion       �: Connexion automatique
    Canal               �: 36
    R�ception (Mbits/s)   �: 6
    Transmission (Mbits/s)  �: 287
    Signal                �: 83%

i found some articles for troubleshooting, 

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000095769

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079422

any advice what the real issue and if add this recommendation what is the impact behind it ? 

Thanks in advance 

Ali 

5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @alikhelalfa,

This needs more indepth analysis which can't be done on the hub; however, by looking at your answers I can deduce that you may have an environmental issue. The APs are using the default template and profile which is not recommended since the radios are blasting at 20db power (so EIRP is much higher) DFS channels are not on and a few other best practices settings should be configured at first and tested. 

My recommendations:

1 - Create an AP template and new radio profiles. 

2 - In the radio profiles make the following changes:

• Reduce radio power to 14 at first, test and see if this needs increasing or decreasing further
  • Change floor setting to 2
  • Max drop to 6
  • Enable DFS
  • Change the channel width to 40MHz
  • Under advanced settings, enable Weak Signal Probe Request suppression: Leave default value at first and increase gradually. If floor SNR over 90 days is let's say 30, set the value in the field to 20 and test. 
  • Uncheck:Enable Frame Burst
  • If 802.11ax is required, enable OFDMA and check both Uplink and Downlink

Save and push a Complete config update to the APs. Above is the 5GHz radio but you can use some same parameters on the 2.4Ghz radio. 

Again above are best practices but if in doubt, contact us directly. 

BR,

Christoph S.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Many variables may affect the environment so we need to start with the most basic: 

1 - Is this a new deployment?

2 - Was it working at any point?

3 - If it was working, what changed?

4 - Are you using the default AP template and radio profiles?

5 - How many APs in the immediate vacinity of problem area?

6 - What type of environment: Office, warehouse, etc?

7 - Is it impacting all wireless clients on all SSIDs?

If this is impacting production, you may want to open a GTAC ticket versus going through the hub. Just a suggestion. 

BR,

Christoph S.

Hello Christoph, 

1 - Is this a new deploymen to? No An existing infrastructure 

2 - Was it working at any point? Yes working in general except some of them with a lot obstacles for industrial envirement 

3 - If it was working, what changed? nothing was changed , the first time ware only some AP and now we add new for better coverage 

4 - Are you using the default AP template and radio profiles? Yes 

5 - How many APs in the immediate vacinity of problem area? On this building there 7 ,

6 - What type of environment: Office, warehouse, etc? wherehouse and industrial envirement that need constant connectivity

7 - Is it impacting all wireless clients on all SSIDs? Presisely on the wifi Corporation with 802.1X authentication, personal WPA2/WPA3 is good

If this is impacting production, you may want to open a GTAC ticket versus going through the hub. Just a suggestion. 

For opening the ticket a did before but i did't get reel analysis for this like you do now, thanks for help

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @alikhelalfa,

Just to be sure, which product are you asking about? WiNG Distributed, XIQ Pilot or XIQ-Controller? What are the ap models and what firmware version are they on?

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN