cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client connection issues (Spectralink 8440)

Client connection issues (Spectralink 8440)

Tom_Taylor1
New Contributor
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with getting the Spectralink 8440 phones running on a V2110 appliance with AP3825i ap's?

Nothing I seem to do appears to be working and I'm struggling to track down the logs to view why the client isn't connecting. I've followed this guide but still no joy: http://support.spectralink.com/sites/default/files/resource_files/view_enterasys_networks_0.pdf

Any suggestions on what the easiest way is of tracking down a client that can't connect?

-Tom
10 REPLIES 10

Still no bueno  I think I'll log a case with GTAC and see how far I can get, thanks again for the suggestions.

Have you tried the 2.4 GHz radio?

Please try channel width = 20MHz, request new channel = auto, channel plan = all non-DFS and apply the settings.

If that doesn't work also disable LDPC and set min basic rate to 6.

Does the phone indicate anything in the display i.e. what does the signal strenght symbol show.

Nope, unfortunately I've yet to connect it to an Extreme AP. I set up another brand and it connected which makes me think it's something specific in the radio settings.

Other devices can connect fine to the Extreme stuff, just not this phone.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Tom,

what version is running on the controller.

I'd try the most basic thing - a open/none WLAN service and if that is working then change to a more secure auth/priv.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN