cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enterasys captive portal settings

enterasys captive portal settings

Laura4
New Contributor II
Does anyone know what the different settings mean on the Enterasys Captive portal page? I am trying to creat a Guest SSID with authentication, but not sure what some of the settings mean?
What is "Bridge Traffic Locally at HWC" mean? What "Interface IP" are they asking for? The IP of my controller? And what do I put for "VLAN ID"? Is that my wireless vlan?

770f43385c7d4f2f9e34c274c8457921_RackMultipart20150122-21792-4tf395-captiveportal_inline.png

6 REPLIES 6

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Here the link to the pdf that I've put together.... I'm running latest code so you'll see some differences to the controller software that you've installed right now....

https://app.box.com/s/p8q9shj6h8po3sc7bxalgm1xuktpsm70

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Laura,

bridge@HWC is the mode were the wireless traffic from the WLAN Guest is transported from the AP within the managment tunnel (CAPWAP) to the HWC (HiPath Wireless Controller - an old term) and then is bridged to a VLAN on the ESA port.

I don't use the VNS wizard as it includes only limited features (to make it easier) so I'd create every building block (=topology, roles, WLAN service, VNS) separate without the wizard.

Interface IP - the IP of the VLAN/WLAN interface of the controller - as it's bridged the wLAN with the wirless clients and the VLAN on the controller ESA port are in the same subnet

VLAN ID - the VLAN ID which is used on the ESA port = the wireless traffic is forwarded to this VLAN on the esa interface.

I'll post a example for a guest portal later on.

BTW, you should upgrade the controller to get the Extreme logo 
GTM-P2G8KFN