Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Fast Failover with Deauth to trigger Client DHCP-Requests

Need Fast Failover with Deauth to trigger Client DHCP-Requests

htw
New Contributor III

Hi,
we have a V2110 Controller HA-Pair with EWC-Firmware 10. Both are on different locations with topologies in different subnets. Both locations are connected directly with 10G. Now when a Fast Failover occurs, clients are connected into the topology of the other location but clients need to get a valid IP adress from the other location to be able to communicate. This happens when user triggers a new DHCP-Request. Now I want to happen this automatically.

A solution would be if deauth packet are sent to clients when the failover occurs. It seems it was possible in EWC-Firmware 9 because the following KB entry discribed how to counter those packet if one would not want those deauth packets: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000062011

But I cant find "configure Fast Failover Events" in EWC 10. Is it possible to trigger those deauth packets on Fast Failover?

6 REPLIES 6

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
As far as I unterstand the KB article that is only possible if you use 802.1X or MAC authentication with a NAC. It's a accounting message that is generated on the NAC.

Here a screenshot of my V10 controller - VNS with 802.1X and a NAC - option on the pop-up

d5cb7385588b47df8ecd9990790a9423_RackMultipart20160531-116561-1vuvdwe-Acct_ff_inline.png

I've an idea, let me get back to you by tomorrow, I'd need to check some things first.
#notenoughsleep #toomuchredbull

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
#hashtagsLookLikeWaffles
GTM-P2G8KFN