Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"default WLAN assignments to foreign APs" not working

"default WLAN assignments to foreign APs" not working

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
I have two V2110 controller paired in HA-mode (10.01.04.11). With wireless manager I roll out VNS, wireless service & Co to both controllers. Clients can connect to the SSID without a problem as long as the access points are connected to their home controller.

I selected "default WLAN assignments to foreign APs" (AP / Bulk Config / AP default Settings) on both controllers and activated my WLAN Service there. But the foreign access points are not broadcasting it. They only broadcast the SSID when I go to VNS/WLAN Service/[myservice] and select it there for the access points which are listed as foreign there. Clients can connect then without a problem.

Unfortunately these Settings get lost when I apply the WLAN Service template with wireless manager.

Did I miss something or is that reproducable? I need either the default assignment working or the wireless manager not overwriting the WLAN Service assignments of foreign Access Points.
5 REPLIES 5

htw
New Contributor III
With syncing it works. Now I remember what the syncing problem was. I wanted to authenticate the clients on both controllers to the RADIUS server of two NACs. EWC1 Clients against RADIUS on NAC1 and EWC2 Clients against RADIUS on NAC2. In both cases the other NAC was configured as secondary.
I did this in Wireless manager with "Per Controller Settings" of the Wireless Service. So it deployed NAC1/NAC2 to EWC1 and NAC2/NAC1 to EWC2. Then the EWCs synced the wireless service profile and the template was out of sync.

With syncing I would have to deploy two wireless service templates to achieve that?

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
NTP is correct on both.
Sync is currently disabled. We had odd side effects when it was enabled. (f.e. rolled out a template on both controllers, then the controller synced and a few minutes later Wireless Manager said that there were templates unsynced (betweeen WM an controller). So we disabled syncing and simply relied on rolling out the templates on both controllers.

I will enable syncing again and look if default WLAN assignment works.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Is syncronization enabled for the HA pair?
GUI > Controller > Administration > Availability > Sync Option

Is sync enabled on the WLAN service ?
GUI > VNS > WLAN service > "name" > WLAN services > Status > checkmark on syncronize and enable

Everything in sync ?
GUI > VNS > Global > Sync Summary

NTP on both - correct time ?

- Ron

AFAIK that could result in disconnects during roaming between APs of the controller pair or authentication issues.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/NAC-End-Systems-Hung-in-Captive-Portal

Just use a NTP server to make sure that they are in sync..
GTM-P2G8KFN