cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Firmware 10.x

Wireless Firmware 10.x

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Do we have a release date for the new version 10 firmware for the wireless appliances? Thx Andre
35 REPLIES 35

n_n__n_n_
New Contributor
So software version 10.01.01.0129 is now available. I have the support contract, I can request the licenses for my C4110 controllers but I cannot use them because of the AP36xx devices:

Legacy AP26XX, AP36XX, AP4102 Series access points are not supported with V10.01 or later, however, these legacy APs will continue to be supported in maintenance mode only with V9.21 until they reach End-of-Support.

The decision to drop AP36xx devices in V.10 is final, right?

n_n__n_n_
New Contributor
My personal roadmap was also to wait for new 802.11ac (wave 2) access points for new buildings and not to buy any 37xx or 38xx devices any longer. So for running 39xx I need V10, for running 36xx I need V9. Therefore I have to buy and support new ExtremeNetwork controllers? I currently don ́t think I ́ll do so.
As Hartmut Sachse already pointed out, a main selling point for Enterasys was to have a long term support in contrast to some other major vendors. Therefore I really like to see some basic V10 support for AP36xx series access points. Switch of unsupported features on AP36xx devices like you currently already do (i.e.: Radio Management (11k) support for 37xx and 38xx only), but let them be compatible with current software.

Thomas_Randolph
New Contributor
We have 569 APs (AP3605) with 2 controllers (C5210 and C5110-2) in our second year of use.

hsachse
New Contributor III
Really bad news for some of our biggest customers running many 36xx's APs. Some of them decided to switch from the C4110 controllers to V2110 to be more future-proof on the controller side and now they can't update to V10, because the AP36xx's will be not supported.

There are several usecases where wireless infructure nearly have to work 24x7 and even the ap exchange to a newer model would be challenging. Longterm support for the APs was one of the biggest selling aguments compared to other enterprise wireless competitors in the past. The new situation would cause some of our customers to think about there network strategy.

The idea to switch of unsupported new V10 features for the 36xx's like for the 26xx's in past would be a better alternative. This would add 4 years more lifetime for large scale 36xx's installations till they reach there well known EoL in 03/31/2020.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
@n.n.n.n
"One question though: When I upgrade all my c4110 to V10, will my AP3610 stop working?"

Yes, or to be more precise - the APs are not able to register on the controller if they are not supported.
GTM-P2G8KFN