cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless log tracing for specific PC

Wireless log tracing for specific PC

David_Cotos
New Contributor
Hi guys, I was asked to see if there is a way to keep tabs on a specific PC under one of our wireless SSID for about 2 days. Basically a user says they lose connectivity but I haven't been able to replicate wireless drops in the area they are concerned with. Is there a way to keep a wireless activity log on a specific pc using Extreme Identifi?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi David,

I'd enable station events in > Controller > Logs > System Log Level > Report station events on controller.

Then you'd open > Logs > EWC: Station Events .... and search for the clients MAC to see all events.

-Ron

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
If you've a lot of clients that log could get filled up => overwritten fast - I think it could keep 4k entries !?

You'd disassociate the client in the client report ... that should for sure result in a new message.

David_Cotos
New Contributor
Hi Ronald, thank you for the reply.

Interestingly, after enabling Station Events when looking at the log this morning I don't see the PC in question. I enter the MAC but get No Matching Records. Not sure why since I'm able to ping the PC and see from the AP client report that it is online.

Any thoughts?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi David,

I'd enable station events in > Controller > Logs > System Log Level > Report station events on controller.

Then you'd open > Logs > EWC: Station Events .... and search for the clients MAC to see all events.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN