Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

son_duong
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I got 1 AP230.

Current HiveOS Version : 6.1r5

Device Update Failed in Hivemanager(NG) : “The AP_230 with MAC address 9C5D1223**** firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect.”

I see notification: “ Following devices can’t be upgraded automatically, please manually upgrade to 6.1r6 first: AH-23cbc0”

Could you please send me the fit firmware for AP230 ? version 6.1r6.

Email: son.duong@ccvi.vn

Thanks Team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Son, thank you for letting us know, I’ve emailed you with instructions on how to get the AP230 updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy Holidays!

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

dyoung
New Contributor

Hi Sam - another question you may be able to answer.  There used to be a (Golden) recommended firmware when updating - how do we choose from the updates available now.  Is choosing the latest the best option.  (I do read the ‘what’s new’)

Thanks

Dave

dyoung
New Contributor

Hi Sam

Thank you for your help.  Was able to update the AP230 and has fixed my problem.

Cheers

Dave

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dyoung, thanks for letting me know, I’ve emailed you those instructions as well. Please let me know if you have any issues updating your AP from here. 

dyoung
New Contributor

Hi there Sam

Can you please send me the instructions yo manually update and Ap230 - I have one stuck on updating a well.

Thanks

Dave

jeeprebel
New Contributor

Thank you SO MUCH Sam!! I got it working!

GTM-P2G8KFN