Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

son_duong
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I got 1 AP230.

Current HiveOS Version : 6.1r5

Device Update Failed in Hivemanager(NG) : “The AP_230 with MAC address 9C5D1223**** firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect.”

I see notification: “ Following devices can’t be upgraded automatically, please manually upgrade to 6.1r6 first: AH-23cbc0”

Could you please send me the fit firmware for AP230 ? version 6.1r6.

Email: son.duong@ccvi.vn

Thanks Team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Son, thank you for letting us know, I’ve emailed you with instructions on how to get the AP230 updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy Holidays!

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

YoungK
New Contributor
Same issue with AP 230 currently running HiveOS 6.4r1e. Can you please send me the upgrade files and the instructions? It wont let me upgrade from extremecloud IQ.

DanG
New Contributor
Thanks Christoph.  Now I just need firmware images AP230-6.1r6.img.S and AP230-6.4r1.img.S to perform that procedure. I can't find these files on the support portal.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Here's a link to on how to manually upgrade an XIQ AP for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000078576
Christoph S.

DanG
New Contributor
Hello Sam.  I have this same issue with an AP230.  The event description I get says "The AP_230 with MAC address XXXX firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect."  Can you send me the instructions for downloading the HiveOS firmware file(s) and installing them?  Thanks..!
GTM-P2G8KFN