Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Update failing in AP5010

Delta Update failing in AP5010

Matheus_Santana
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the Delta Update on AP5010, I always get the failure message, while applying the same configuration on other AP models like 510, and just the Delta Update is sufficient. (The error occurs even in changes where the complete update is not mandatory).

I would like to know if the AP5010 requires a complete update for all changes.

Thanks in advance,

Matheus Santana

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Latonya86Dodson
New Contributor

@Matheus_SantanaBe Ball Players wrote:

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the Delta Update on AP5010, I always get the failure message, while applying the same configuration on other AP models like 510, and just the Delta Update is sufficient. (The error occurs even in changes where the complete update is not mandatory).

Thanks in advance,

Matheus Santana

Hello,

It seems that the Delta Update may fail for two main reasons:

• The configuration change requires a reboot, which can only be done with a complete update.
  • The firewall port TCP 22 is not open correctly, which is needed for the Delta Update.

Configuration changes that require a reboot are hiding an SSID, adding an assignment rule to a user profile, or editing an assignment description. You can check the status LED activity on your AP5010 to see if it is operating normally or not. If the LED is solid white, it means the device has successfully established a connection to ExtremeCloud IQ and is ready to use. If the LED is slow-blinking white, it means the device is operating on 802.3at power instead of 802.3bt power. If the LED is solid amber, it means the device is in boot up mode or is running without a connection to ExtremeCloud IQ.

To troubleshoot the firewall port issue, you can try the following steps:

Verify that the AP5010 can reach the ExtremeCloud IQ server on port TCP 22.
Check the firewall settings on your network and make sure that port TCP 22 is not blocked or restricted for the AP5010.
If possible, test the Delta Update on a different network or firewall configuration and see if it works.

I hope this helps you to resolve the Delta Update issue on your AP5010. 

Best regards,
Latonya86Dodson

View solution in original post

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

This may shed some light on when to push a Complete versus Delta config update: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085494

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

This may shed some light on when to push a Complete versus Delta config update: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085494

BR,

Christoph S.

James_A
Valued Contributor

Did you change the PoE profile? I have an open case where having changed that once, which needs a full configuration update and reboot, every further update requires a full update and reboot. APs I deployed after making that change in the template don't have the issue, so one workaround is to delete and re-add the APs to XIQ.

Latonya86Dodson
New Contributor

@Matheus_SantanaBe Ball Players wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Matheus Santana

Hello,

It seems that the Delta Update may fail for two main reasons:

• The configuration change requires a reboot, which can only be done with a complete update.
  • The firewall port TCP 22 is not open correctly, which is needed for the Delta Update.

Configuration changes that require a reboot are hiding an SSID, adding an assignment rule to a user profile, or editing an assignment description. You can check the status LED activity on your AP5010 to see if it is operating normally or not. If the LED is solid white, it means the device has successfully established a connection to ExtremeCloud IQ and is ready to use. If the LED is slow-blinking white, it means the device is operating on 802.3at power instead of 802.3bt power. If the LED is solid amber, it means the device is in boot up mode or is running without a connection to ExtremeCloud IQ.

To troubleshoot the firewall port issue, you can try the following steps:

Verify that the AP5010 can reach the ExtremeCloud IQ server on port TCP 22.
Check the firewall settings on your network and make sure that port TCP 22 is not blocked or restricted for the AP5010.
If possible, test the Delta Update on a different network or firewall configuration and see if it works.

I hope this helps you to resolve the Delta Update issue on your AP5010. 

Best regards,
Latonya86Dodson

• To confirm that TCP 22 is open, run the following command: exec _test tcp-service host <HiveManager IP> port 22.
    • For example, using a HiveManager address of 10.10.10.60, the command would be: exec _test tcp-service host 10.10.10.60 port 22

I hope this helps,

BR

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN