cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License ends what happens?

License ends what happens?

jrt
New Contributor

Hi guys, we have Aerohive, when the license runs out, what actually breaks?? Is it captive portal??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jrt, sorry for the wait here. If you’re using HiveManager Classic or ExtremeCloud IQ, when your license expires you will not be able to manage your devices in Classic/ExtremeCloud IQ until you add a new license. Your network will continue running as normal assuming no issues come up, but you won’t be able to update anything on the AP and if an issue does come up you won’t be able to troubleshoot it outside of the AP CLI. Is that what you were looking for?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you, I’ve sent you a direct message with your local service engineer’s name and email address. 

jrt
New Contributor

Hi, London UK

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know. If you can tell me generally where you are located, I can find a different local contact for you to speak with?

jrt
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the info. As per my other thread, the portal is pretty much bricked so I doubt unless we can get it working, we will bother renewing. I sent support e-mails to our supplier but never get reply.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi @jrt, sorry for the wait here. If you’re using HiveManager Classic or ExtremeCloud IQ, when your license expires you will not be able to manage your devices in Classic/ExtremeCloud IQ until you add a new license. Your network will continue running as normal assuming no issues come up, but you won’t be able to update anything on the AP and if an issue does come up you won’t be able to troubleshoot it outside of the AP CLI. Is that what you were looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN