cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
There is a GUI migration plan based on FLASH for other technologies such as HTML5 before the end of support by Adobe and most browsers in Dec / 2020. Or we will suffer the same type of nightmare that exists with JAVA-based GUIs that were never updated again.
144 REPLIES 144

Tolken
New Contributor

If you have problems with end of life in WingMan you need to change pepflashplayer.dll to the older version. You need to go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\extreme-wing-manager\app-1.0.1\resources\app\src\flash\win32 and replace pepflashplayer.dll to version 26.0.0.131 x64 downloaded from eg. dll-files.com

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Probably it was not know at the time of creating WingMan that the Flashplugin already included the timebomb of self deactivation.

Konrad_PL
New Contributor

How about domain PCs or VPN connection without time sync? I think the only solution in production environment is to deploy VM out of domain with date changed to 2020. I hope that development team will provide us HTML5 during this year…   

Well, according to Extreme:

WiNG-Man (WiNG-Manager) is a self-contained app that will allow the use of the WiNG flash GUI beyond the end of flash support. This tool is intended to be used by those with legacy deployments or advanced GUI users. It is only supported for the use of the WiNG graphical user interface.

So I believe they need to come up with a solution, set the time back is not a solution.

Of course it is only workaround temporary solution until Extreme development will resolve the problem with “Adobe’s end-of-life logic bomb”. 

Brama
New Contributor

How about domain PCs or VPN connection without time sync? I think the only solution in production environment is to deploy VM out of domain with date changed to 2020. I hope that development team will provide us HTML5 during this year…   

Well, according to Extreme:

WiNG-Man (WiNG-Manager) is a self-contained app that will allow the use of the WiNG flash GUI beyond the end of flash support. This tool is intended to be used by those with legacy deployments or advanced GUI users. It is only supported for the use of the WiNG graphical user interface.

So I believe they need to come up with a solution, set the time back is not a solution.

Konrad_PL
New Contributor

GTM-P2G8KFN