cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
There is a GUI migration plan based on FLASH for other technologies such as HTML5 before the end of support by Adobe and most browsers in Dec / 2020. Or we will suffer the same type of nightmare that exists with JAVA-based GUIs that were never updated again.
144 REPLIES 144

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I have some more information this morning. This is the official statement regarding WiNG-Manager: 

Now that Adobe’s version of Flash is no longer supported, customers can download WiNG-Man V1.0.4 starting at 12:00 noon EST on January 13, 2021 to continue managing your WiNG environment. For those that have previously downloaded WiNG-MAN, you can directly access the new version on our support site. For those who have not already downloaded WiNG-MAN, please contact our GTAC for access.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for any issues this may have caused.

Please Note:

@Danny Schaper & @Aviv Kedem  - As far as I know the HTML GUI is still in progress, however your sales engineer (SE) will have better information on the roadmap and possible ETAs. If you’re not sure who to reach out to for your SE, please let me know and I’ll email that information directly to you. 

dgoulao
New Contributor

James, this is very interesting. 

A quick test on this worked for me to access an old vcenter flash based.

I will test test in wing environment.

Danny_Schaper
New Contributor

Do your developer still work on a HTML5 GUI and if so is there a timeline? Or is WingMan the final solution for this issue?

Tolken
New Contributor

It works for me too, but i don’t know if you missed to mention (or is just my case) that this dll file is generated each time you open the WiNG Man, so you need to replace the file each time and after you run WiNG Man. That was the only way it worked for me. Also can confirm that it works with 29.0.0.171

Thank you.

I open WingMan today and it still works. You have to close application and then replace pepflashplayer.

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

About 1800 WiNG APs and growing

GTM-P2G8KFN