cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
There is a GUI migration plan based on FLASH for other technologies such as HTML5 before the end of support by Adobe and most browsers in Dec / 2020. Or we will suffer the same type of nightmare that exists with JAVA-based GUIs that were never updated again.
144 REPLIES 144

crazyhammer
New Contributor

I have a fix for this. Create a text file called mms.cfg

Put the below in the text file. The whitelisturlpattern can be either an IP or hostname. My example below starts with 10. fill in your IP. Just copy paste the below 5 lines and update IP to your controller.

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0
AutoUpdateDisable=1
EOLUnistallDisable=1
EnableAllowList = 1
WhiteListURLPattern=https://10.XX.XX.XX

Once above is in the text file, copy the mms.cfg file, to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash and c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

Close ALL MS IE windows and reopen, then access the controller URL should open up without issue now.

Did this today for my VX9000 controller, didn’t work got the weird F in the middle of the screen error. Once I did the above, closed and restarted MS IE controller came up and logged in without issue.

This does NOT work for Chrome, didn’t try firefox.

Good luck.

DaveA
New Contributor II

I was just able to download it from https://extremeportal.force.com

Do a search for wingman there. I also had to select Show All to see the download and release notes.

jdyer96
New Contributor

Any update on this - all I get is a 404 error.  Right now I have 2 controllers and 30 APs that I can’t access at all.

PMG
New Contributor

Where is the new download? It’s not available

dgoulao
New Contributor

James, this is very interesting. 

A quick test on this worked for me to access an old vcenter flash based.

I will test test in wing environment.

OK, this did the trick for me.

Tested with version 5.9.4.1. Internet Explorer only.

GTM-P2G8KFN