cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Adobe Flash end of support 2020 - WING GUI 5.9.x/7.x

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
There is a GUI migration plan based on FLASH for other technologies such as HTML5 before the end of support by Adobe and most browsers in Dec / 2020. Or we will suffer the same type of nightmare that exists with JAVA-based GUIs that were never updated again.
144 REPLIES 144

Danny_Schaper
New Contributor

@DaveA Same here. As article tells us WiNG v7 is for 802.11ax devices only. We realized some issues using v7 on AP76xx and had to downgrade to WiNG v5. So hopefully the new HTML5-v7 will run better on this WAPs (but I don’t think so)…

DaveA
New Contributor II

Hi Sam,

So out of interest, I have a VX9000 and a pile of ap7562s all running 5.9.8.3, is there a reason why I should run WiNG7.x or not and what benefits?? If not then the no HTML5 update for WiNG5 is a problem going forward..

thanx,

Dave.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying @Danny Schaper, there will not be an HTML 5 version for WiMG5, only WiNG 7. 

Danny_Schaper
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok No, I just wanted to know if there will be a HTML 5 version for WiNG 5 as well. And if so do you have any release date?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Danny Schaper, we won’t have a WiNG-Manager version for WiNG 5 devices, only WiNG 7 devices. Is that what you are asking? 

@woprandi, thanks for letting me know. We were able to add you to the whitelist for that download, could you please check again and let me know if you are still unable to see it? 

GTM-P2G8KFN