Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 8533 appearing in wrong Location on registration

AP 8533 appearing in wrong Location on registration

jonmo2578
New Contributor II
Hi everyone.

I am currently trialling the Extreme Wing software and trying to get some APs online..

I have plugged in AP8533 and it appears under Configuration > Devices as expected.. From here, I assign it to a Location and RF Domain ( as seen here ).

be3aaee1d55c429f8ebdcc670e4a75e3_f70aa413-a5c5-4780-9814-34fb747d899d.png

However, when I reboot the AP, under Dashboard > Devices.. the Radios are showing as Off because it has not been allocated to Location.. When I query further it seems the Location is Default which is different to what I set earlier in Device configuration ?

be3aaee1d55c429f8ebdcc670e4a75e3_b0f19550-7fb4-42af-9b6a-bc7f7582a56f.png

I have looked through all the RF-Domains and Profiles and all looks corect, so cannot see what I've missed which is cuasing it to point to Default Location ( instead of LQ-AP as defined above )

Any advice would be appreicated please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jonmo2578
New Contributor II
Ah, got it.. fouind out that the firmware was not pushing through..
Have now forced it with " vx9000-90839A#device-upgrade all "

Apologies, this is all new to me and I thought the APs would auto upgrade on reboot whenever new software is there.

Thanks for everyones replies and suggestions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Please advise the version of code you are using and the full model number of the AP.
If you are already on code version 5.9.x, I would advise opening up a support case so we can investigate further.
We will need the tech-support from the AP in that state.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
To manually assign an AP to an RFDomain (Site), you need to go to the device's "Basic" tab...the very top tab. Not the one under RFDomain Overrides.

Once in there, you'll see drop-down option for RF Domain Name.
This is where you select to place the AP. Choose the RF Domain, then commit/Save.
The Location field is used for friendly reference and doesn't affect the operation or placement of the AP.

Once you're sure that this is setup correct, you should only need to have a country code defined for the RF-Domain. Without a country code, the radios will remain disabled.
From there, you need to assign/map WLANs to the radios. Without any mapped WLANs, the radios will also remain off.
GTM-P2G8KFN