cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP505i GUI issues after firmware update

AP505i GUI issues after firmware update

pkeats
New Contributor II

Hi, I've just done a firmware update to 7.9.0.0, rebooted and can no longer access the gui on either html or extreme manager. I can log into AP using SSH and all looks good. I don't think the update was corrupt as it boots up and shows the correct working version.

any help would be appreciated. I'm slowly working through configuring over CLI. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pkeats
New Contributor II

Hi Chris, so having spent many hours learning how to configure using CLI and I'm glad to say successfully. I now have a working AP, this time the 2,4Ghz radio is working perfectly which was my original question on another thread. For info the I've discovered the GUI does work through Ex WiNG Manager with a line entry on CLI that allows HTTP and Not HTTPS, which I couldn't get to work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello pkeats,

GUI is no longer supported on these APs in this firmware version. You will have to configure the AP via CLI as you are doing, unless they are adopted by a controller. 

BR,

Christoph S.

pkeats
New Contributor II

Hi Chris, so having spent many hours learning how to configure using CLI and I'm glad to say successfully. I now have a working AP, this time the 2,4Ghz radio is working perfectly which was my original question on another thread. For info the I've discovered the GUI does work through Ex WiNG Manager with a line entry on CLI that allows HTTP and Not HTTPS, which I couldn't get to work.

oxoyoz
New Contributor III

So you said you can access GUI of AP505i that's running 7.9.0.0 firmware by allowing HTTP access (less secure) but banning HTTPS access to the access point? 

I have an AP510E and noticed the same problem (cant access GUI) so I downgraded to 7.7.1.5

GTM-P2G8KFN