cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure my virtual controller?

How can I configure my virtual controller?

david_c98
New Contributor
I have an ap (505i) that is in virtual controller mode and manages several APs of the same model. You have a network that is in another building to which you want to connect some aps, and it reaches our site through a Switch with a configured vlan, the ap profile has already been configured in trunk mode with the number of the vlan configured in the Switch. But the AP cannot have an internet connection Can a virtual controller give traffic this way or are they only used for networks that are in the same place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi David,

Are those APs on a different mgmt. VLAN? Virtual controller deployments are meant for single site, single mgmt. VLAN. Actually, the single site concept is logical, you may have two buildings with APs in them connected via same mgmt. VLAN, that will still be considered single site. 

As far as the APs in the other building can see the virual controller on the same VLAN and adopt to it, there shouldn't really be any difference between the APs local to the VC and the ones in the other building.

Regards,

Ovais

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi David,

Are those APs on a different mgmt. VLAN? Virtual controller deployments are meant for single site, single mgmt. VLAN. Actually, the single site concept is logical, you may have two buildings with APs in them connected via same mgmt. VLAN, that will still be considered single site. 

As far as the APs in the other building can see the virual controller on the same VLAN and adopt to it, there shouldn't really be any difference between the APs local to the VC and the ones in the other building.

Regards,

Ovais

GTM-P2G8KFN