Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade firmware of RFS4000 from 5.5.1.0 to latest 5.9 version

How to upgrade firmware of RFS4000 from 5.5.1.0 to latest 5.9 version

Petr
New Contributor

Hi all!

We have RFS4000 controller and 30 pcs of AP6521. I need an advice how to upgrade firmware from version 5.5.1.0 to latest possible version (5.9.8.3). Must I do it step by step with all newest firmware files? Or not? Which firmware files I need to use? Thanks for your answer.

Petr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Petr,

First, you can upgrade directly to the latest WiNG code. No need to install incremental versions.

This GTAC article contains instructions for the different methods of upgrading the controller through the CLI. It’s also possible to upgrade using the GUI, but I’m not finding a GTAC article on that right now.  Personally, I always use the CLI since I think it’s actually simpler.

Tomasz is correct though regarding the AP6521 APs. There’s no need to upgrade the controller to something newer than what the APs support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tuan_Nguyen1
New Contributor

Hi you

I use RFS 4010 with AP 7161 and 7562. Which version FW is best for me to use, now i use 5.9.2

Florence
New Contributor

Thanks for the information, keep sharing this type of info    

myccpay account

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Petr,

First, you can upgrade directly to the latest WiNG code. No need to install incremental versions.

This GTAC article contains instructions for the different methods of upgrading the controller through the CLI. It’s also possible to upgrade using the GUI, but I’m not finding a GTAC article on that right now.  Personally, I always use the CLI since I think it’s actually simpler.

Tomasz is correct though regarding the AP6521 APs. There’s no need to upgrade the controller to something newer than what the APs support.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Petr,

Although RFS4000 is supported, 5.9.1 is the latest firmware delivered for AP6521 if you don’t plan any hardware migration.

You can always lookup the Device Upgrade/Downgrade Matrix in particular release notes. Here I can see 6521 can be upgraded straight from any firmware version starting with 5.2: https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/WiNG/9035206_WiNG_v5_9_1_Release_Notes.pdf

5.9.1.9-003R has Kr00k vulnerability resolution, I’d recommend that one.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN