cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How you check the power supply status on ADSP 9.3.1? GUI or CLI?

How you check the power supply status on ADSP 9.3.1? GUI or CLI?

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
How you check the power supply status remotely on a nx9500 running ADSP 9.3.1? Not sure if both power supplies are working and I need to verify they are before a planned outage. Looking for GUI or CLI commands or views....
12 REPLIES 12

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Hi Shay,
There is limited info available even via root command ' dmidecode -t chassis '. See the below.

[root@localhost ~]# dmidecode -t chassis
# dmidecode 2.11
SMBIOS 2.5 present.

Handle 0x0003, DMI type 3, 21 bytes
Chassis Information
Manufacturer: Motorola
Type: Desktop
Lock: Not Present
Version: 1234567890
Serial Number: 1234567890
Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Boot-up State: Safe
Power Supply State: Safe
Thermal State: Safe
Security Status: None
OEM Information: 0x00000000
Height: Unspecified
Number Of Power Cords: 1
Contained Elements: 0

Phil_Frederick
Extreme Employee
ADSP 9.3 does have an Alarm under:

Platform Health>Platform>Redundant Power Supply Failure

If you have that enabled, ADSP can send an alert as configured (email, sendmail). It will also be in the Alarm tab in an Active state as long as one of the power supplies is not getting power.

Ron_Galien
Extreme Employee
The NX9500-100AD-WR hardware appliance running ADSP version 9.x does not have an option to check the appliances power supply status via the GUI but I will need to investigate and verify information pertaining to the ADSP CLI. The best method to troubbleshoot the power supply status on this model hardware appliance would be to verify the LED status and Error beep codes as noted in the NX 9500 Series Enterprise NOC Wireless Lan Controller Guide.
Here is the link where this guide is posted:

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/NX9500_SERIES_ENTERPRISE_NOC_IG_MN001685A01...

Shay I will research if there are options to check the NX9500 power supply status via ADSP CLI and get back to you ASAP

Hope this helps?

GTM-P2G8KFN