cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for 7662 APs

Replacement for 7662 APs

st3rling
New Contributor

What is the newer replacement for outdoor 7662 AP that works with NX5500 controller on 5.9 WiNG software? And will we need to buy new license pack or the existing will work? (We have plenty unused left).
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

The AP7662 is the latest and last outdoor model supporting the WiNG-5 branch of OS.

The most direct replacement for the AP7662 would be the AP460i/e (supported by either ExtremeCloud IQ Controller (on-prem) or WiNG controller) or the AP460C (supported by ExtremeCloud IQ (Cloud), ExtremeCloud IQ Controller (on-prem) or WiNG controller. Both the AP460C and AP460i/e only support the WiNG-7 branch of OS though and thus cannot be managed by a WiNG-5 controller.

Your NX5500 can be upgraded to WiNG-7 though so that it could directly manage these newest model WiNG-7 APs mentioned, but if you need to maintain any existing WiNG-5-Only capable APs on the upgraded WiNG-7 controller, that would be an issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

In regards to licensing, you can use the existing AAP (ADP) licenses for any new WiNG device as long as you have enough free ones available. 

BR,

Christoph S.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

The AP7662 is the latest and last outdoor model supporting the WiNG-5 branch of OS.

The most direct replacement for the AP7662 would be the AP460i/e (supported by either ExtremeCloud IQ Controller (on-prem) or WiNG controller) or the AP460C (supported by ExtremeCloud IQ (Cloud), ExtremeCloud IQ Controller (on-prem) or WiNG controller. Both the AP460C and AP460i/e only support the WiNG-7 branch of OS though and thus cannot be managed by a WiNG-5 controller.

Your NX5500 can be upgraded to WiNG-7 though so that it could directly manage these newest model WiNG-7 APs mentioned, but if you need to maintain any existing WiNG-5-Only capable APs on the upgraded WiNG-7 controller, that would be an issue.

GTM-P2G8KFN