Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS4000 and AP6532 adopt issue

RFS4000 and AP6532 adopt issue

kamelek
New Contributor
Hello, guys.
I have a problem with menage AP6532 from RFS4000,

I adopt it but when I change config on configuration profile for it (AP6532) and commit, the configuration is send to AP6532 but for a moment and then came back to old config.

I had AP6532 in standlone config now whe I bought RFS i want to configure it from controller, but the issu is weard.

Could you help me?

Frimware is 5.8.6.5-002R
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
kamelek, What could be happening here is that the configuration changes that you are making on the controller contain something that causes the 6532 to lose its ability to stay connected to the controller.

In this case, after the AP receives the changes that are pushed out from the controller, it implements them. If one of the changes then breaks the APs ability to stay connected to the controller, the AP will try several times to re-connect, but once it realizes that it can't, it will automatically revert back to the last known configuration that allowed it to connect to the controller (AP will also reboot). This could possibly be why you see the AP receive its changes...and then lose them.

Secondly, regarding the 'overrides' - The AP profile is the master configuration for the AP. The device level configuration is where you make configuration changes that DEVIATE from the master AP Profile. This is where you would make changes for things like static IP addresses or hostnames....values that you don't want to be duplicated to EVERY AP, right?
What might be happening is that you make a change to the AP Profile but then the AP has an override setting on the controller that 'overrides' the Profile setting.
This would NOT explain though if you are seeing the changes briefly on the AP but then they go away. But, this topic *is* extremely important to understand from a controller management perspective.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kamelek
New Contributor

Chris thnak you, this help me.
Overides for AP6532 from controller was wrong and after send config to AP it lost connection with AP.
Shool mistake 🙂

Thanks for yours help all guys. Esspecialy You Chris 

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Is the configuration that you posted here directly from the AP? (SSH'd into the AP or console connection)? If yes, does this config STAY on the AP (not changes) ?

If yes, then is the configuration what you expect to see if the controller pushed out the config for the AP? If yes, then that would indicate that the AP received its configuration and is NOT reverting back (which would mean that it should still be adopted)

Can you run the command on the AP's CLI?
#show adoption status

kamelek
New Contributor

Hello Cris, yes, contorler adress is 10.0.1.2, AP is 10.0.2.23 with gw 10.0.2.1
It is routed connection beetwen AP and controller.

I also have AP6521 with 10.0.99.0 subnet and everthing is ok for it.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
I see a controller address in the main profile of 10.0.1.2. Is this correct?

I also see that the AP has a static IP address setup (10.0.2.23) and a default gateway of 10.0.2.1.

In this case, the AP is not on the same subnet as the controller (if the controller really is at 10.0.2.1).
Is this a routed connection between the AP and controller?
GTM-P2G8KFN