Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second user connection on SSID fail. AP7522 +VX9000

Second user connection on SSID fail. AP7522 +VX9000

Julio_Oliveira
New Contributor
Hi all,

I have a VX9000 + AP7522 and everything was looking good, AP is being adopted by controller normally and broadcasting the SSID.

What is happening is when first device connect to the SSID, it is working fine. Device is getting IP address by DHCP and have access to the internet.

But I cant connect the second device to the same SSID, I dont get IP Address and I dont have access to anything.

DHCP server is good, because after connect the first device, I plugged the PC using the cable and I am getting IP normally.

Any tips?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Julio,

1. If you turn the first wireless device off, does the second device connect and pull an IP address?
  2. Have you tried connecting a third wireless device?
  3. Have you got an association or any other ACL in place?
  4. Is the second wireless device trying to connect to the same AP or are you testing with more than one AP?
  5. Have you checked the Max Clients Allowed Per Radio setting under Configuration > Wireless > Client Settings to make sure it's not set to 1?
  6. If you add a static IP (DGW and DNS as well) to the second wireless device, does it connect to the internet?
  7. Have you tried creating another wlan (with a simple PSK CCMP password and nothing else), mapping it to the same VLAN and testing it out?
Chris
Christoph S.

Dont ask me why. But I changed the switch and now it is working.

thanks for trying help.

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Does the second client connect at all, if you disconnect the first client?

vanelm
Contributor
Hello, Can you let us know AP band, channel and both devices brand/model? Misha
GTM-P2G8KFN