cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

static IP ON VLAN POOL - SSID WWING 5.8

static IP ON VLAN POOL - SSID WWING 5.8

JESUS_REYES_DIA
New Contributor
I CONFIGURE IN MY RFS7000 A VLAN POOL ASSIGMENT WITH AP7532, VLAN 190 Y VLAN 191, IS OK.
MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I TRY TO ASSIGN A IP WITH RESERVATION DHCP SERVER TROUGHT WIN SERVER 2013.

WIN SERVER ASSIGN 192,168.1.3 TO HOST. IN VLAN 190 WITH RESERVATION CONFIG.
BUT IN MY CONTROLLER ASSIGN VLAN 191 AND MY HOST DONT REACH THIS DHCP SERVER AND DONT GET THE IP 192.168.1.3 , TAKE IP FROM THE VLAN 191 ONLY 😞

HELP ME PLEASE.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Yes. You would need to setup the DHCP helper on your network...on VLAN-191. The helper would hear the DHCP Discovery broadcast messages and forward them to the DHCP server on VLAN-190 and the clients would then get an IP address while existing on VLAN-191.

This could also be accomplished using dynamic VLAN assignment and RADIUS.
When a client authenticates through RADIUS, the RADIUS server would be configured to provide a post-authentication VLAN ID using the tunnel-private-group-id attribute that is received by the controller in a RADIUS Access-Accept message.

In this case, you would have one SSID. When a user connects, that user's account on RADIUS could be configured so that it belongs to a specific VLAN. This obviously would require pre-configuring all of the users and mapping them to a desired VLAN. This is what the WLAN option in the GUI labeled "Allow RADIUS Override" is used for. If

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ckelly
Extreme Employee
If you have a router on VLAN-191, you can certainly setup the helper there. I would recommend this route first.
Otherwise, you can try configuring a helper on the controller.
If on the controller, you need to ensure that the controller's interface is setup correctly.

Something like:

ip default-gateway 192.168.1.50 (address to router)
interface vlan191 (VLAN that needs to listen for DHCP traffic to forward)
ip address 192.168.1.100/24 (IP address of VLAN-191 on the controller)
no ip dhcp client request options all
ip helper-address 192.168.1.200 (enter the address of the DHCP server)

JESUS_REYES_DIA
New Contributor
ok my friend, the ip helper where should be ? 1.- in the router or in the WLC?

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Yes. You would need to setup the DHCP helper on your network...on VLAN-191. The helper would hear the DHCP Discovery broadcast messages and forward them to the DHCP server on VLAN-190 and the clients would then get an IP address while existing on VLAN-191.

This could also be accomplished using dynamic VLAN assignment and RADIUS.
When a client authenticates through RADIUS, the RADIUS server would be configured to provide a post-authentication VLAN ID using the tunnel-private-group-id attribute that is received by the controller in a RADIUS Access-Accept message.

In this case, you would have one SSID. When a user connects, that user's account on RADIUS could be configured so that it belongs to a specific VLAN. This obviously would require pre-configuring all of the users and mapping them to a desired VLAN. This is what the WLAN option in the GUI labeled "Allow RADIUS Override" is used for. If

JESUS_REYES_DIA
New Contributor
exactly Chris
my expectation is make a reservation from IP pool with my third párty DHCP Server per device , only utilize one ssid with vlan pool configuration on the WLC, WHICH give up to 500 devices IP . on a DISTRIBUTION center.

is posible with ip helper (relay) make this configuration??

Thanks Chris.
GTM-P2G8KFN