cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to Downgrade 310I AP version

Steps to Downgrade 310I AP version

OGB-NIKO
Contributor

What is the best way to in Steps to Downgrade 310I AP version from 7.7.1 to 7.5.1 with or without the local controller ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

WiNG devices can hold two firmware versions (Primary/Secondary) and the user can give commands for which one it should use. For example, if the the Primary firmware is 7.7.1 and the Secondary has the 7.5.1 version, you can simply issue a CLI command the AP to boot into the Secondary version next time and it will then continue using that version going forward. And then later, if you wished to start using the other version, issue the command again to start using the version in the Primary slot.

If you don't currently have the 7.5.1 version in either the Primary/Secondary slots and need to load it, this is accomplished the exact same way that an UPgrade would be performed. You can find a related discussion on this process for loading new WiNG firmware here. It's a very simple process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

See Below KB article below that illustrates the process of firmware update/downgrade.

How to upgrade a WiNG controller or AP from CLI

ckelly
Extreme Employee

WiNG devices can hold two firmware versions (Primary/Secondary) and the user can give commands for which one it should use. For example, if the the Primary firmware is 7.7.1 and the Secondary has the 7.5.1 version, you can simply issue a CLI command the AP to boot into the Secondary version next time and it will then continue using that version going forward. And then later, if you wished to start using the other version, issue the command again to start using the version in the Primary slot.

If you don't currently have the 7.5.1 version in either the Primary/Secondary slots and need to load it, this is accomplished the exact same way that an UPgrade would be performed. You can find a related discussion on this process for loading new WiNG firmware here. It's a very simple process.

GTM-P2G8KFN