Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Reset AP6532 to Factory Defaults

Unable to Reset AP6532 to Factory Defaults

YusenIT
New Contributor
Hi All,

I have issue with couple of Motorola AP6532 AP. For some reasons, these APs has stopped working, and mobile devices could not connect to these APs. I could not reset them to factory defaults. I used the Discovery Tool, however, for some reasons, the discover tool said "Np AP response(s)". I have tried to restart the APs, and ran the discovery tool again. I still have the same outcome, no AP response. I have tested with the other working APs, and the discovery tool can see them.

These problematic AP got both green and orange light hardly ON after the each reboot. This normally saying that the AP is running the default config,

Does anyone have any idea what is going with these APs? Are there any other ways to reset it to factory default?

Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

DIBJT
New Contributor

Just out of curiosity, were you able to find a solution here. I have a couple AP that are having the same problem. 

ckelly
Extreme Employee
It's hard to say.
As a test, can you take another working AP and discover it using the tool and then factory reset it and see if it gets an IP address?
it that works with another working AP, then I'd have to say that there's some sort of issue with those two.
The last option for them would be to acquire the serial adapter and connect to them so you can see exactly what's happening with them.

YusenIT
New Contributor
Yes, it has access to DHCP server. So you think that this is hardware issue?

ckelly
Extreme Employee
I'm not sure what's happening in this case. I'm assuming that the APs do have access to a DHCP server?
GTM-P2G8KFN