Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade RFS6000 from wing 5.8 to 7.x

Upgrade RFS6000 from wing 5.8 to 7.x

Elias_Morais_Pe
New Contributor
Hello,

Is it possible to upgrade from version 5.8 to 7.x?

I have routers of the type:
- AP621
- AP650
- AP6511
- AP71XX
- AP7532

If upgrade is possible, are these routers supported by version 7.x?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tknv
Extreme Employee
Hi Elias,
- AP621 > No
- AP650 > No
- AP6511 > No
- AP71XX > No
- AP7532 > Yes, but better upgrade step by step, 5.8 >> 5.9 >> 7.4 >> 7.X.
Also,  care the FW release date orders. E.g. 5.8.6.0-011R(14.09.2017) >> 5.9.3.3-004R(12.04.2019) >> 7.4.0.0-025R(11/07/2020) >> 7.X (xx.xx.2021)
By the way, RFS6K does not support FW 7.X.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I just wanted to follow up with you all really quick on your questions about why you are receiving so many emails from the community.

We have moved to a new community platform, and to assist with the transition we moved your old subscriptions over. So if you were subscribed to a topic board in the old community, you are subscribed to the corresponding topic board with all the original content in the new community now.

The problem comes from the different email settings in our new platform. You are likely currently set up to receive real time emails, meaning a new email for any new activity on the topic board. You can update this setting easily, this guide reviews the options for changing your email settings in the community.

I'm very sorry for the frustration with the launch, I appreciate you all hanging in there with me while we work through the new platform growing pains. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can help with anything at all, you can always reach me community@extremenetworks.com.

Not gonna lie, I find it pretty comical all these people trying to unsubscribe like they're an executive member trying to get off the ccall distribution. It's just surprising, given the topic, that this many people have not gone through the unsubscribe process before.

Jonathan J. King
Director of Information Technology | Cliff House Maine
O: 207-361-6266 M: 207-337-5891

Hey Guys, 

Please, stop flooding my topic.

To unsubscribe, you MUST READ the WORDS at the bottom of any e-mail that you receive!!!

Hi @Scott Feda, at the bottom of any notification email you receive from the community there will be an unsubscribe option, if you click on that you can unsubscribe from any future emails. ​

WTF? What's the matter, colleagues? Why was I included in your communication?
GTM-P2G8KFN