Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VX 9000 controller installation on ESXi 6.7

VX 9000 controller installation on ESXi 6.7

Shubha_m13
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We have install VX 9000 controller on esxi 6.7  also we have assigned ip to controller, but we are unable to ping and web access to the controller. Please provide VX 9000 instllation document or steps for ESXi 6.7 , on extreme portal there old document which is for ESXI 6.0. 

3 REPLIES 3

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Firstly, the installation steps for ESXi will be the same, no matter if it’s version 6.0 or 6.7.

Using ESXi, get to a command prompt, and execute the commands:

# show interface vlan 100

# show ip default-gateways

What is the output?

Shubha_m13
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes I have assigned static ip address to controller of vlan 100, my physical server is also in 100 vlan. I have also configured default gateway of vlan 100 in controller vm but still we are unable to ping controller.

We have choose network as "vm network" and adapter is E0001. Please suggest. The link which you have provide that contains installation steps in ESXI 6.0, please provide for ESXI 6.7

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Check this GTAC link for information on retrieving the VX9000 installation information.

A guess though on the issue with you inability to PING the new controller - Does the new VX9000 install have a network connection with a DHCP service?  Or if using a static address (normal approach) did you assign the IP address to the desired VLAN?

GTM-P2G8KFN