Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VX9000-DEMO 7.7.1.2 doesn't detect 1-AP310 of 2-APs

VX9000-DEMO 7.7.1.2 doesn't detect 1-AP310 of 2-APs

sho_19
New Contributor

Hello

I have two used AP310 in my lab. I am trying Virtual-Control for two AP’s by VX-9000-DEMO on Hyper-V. One of AP’s is operating by VC , but another one doesn’t detect. The two AP , and one VC that is installed a Windows-PC , are same wired LAN via a switch. All firmware is ver7.7.1.2

Because two AP were used basically by someone in the lab, I don’t know all setting detail. But don’t want factory-reset.

What must I check a configuration or a context?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Sho,

I would recommend that you uninstall the demo version, install the full version and contact us for temp licenses while testing. Make sure that you install at the very least the 7.7.1.5 version. 

Make sure that the controller ge 1 port, switch port both the APs and controller are connected tod and the AP ge 1 port allow the vlan you are working with. 

Since the VX is in the broadcast domain you should not have any issues adopting via layer 2, but you can also try layer 3 adoption which we recommend per these instructions: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081714

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Sho,

If you have a VX and VC on the same VLAN then you now have 2 controllers in the same broadcast domain which is not recommended or supported. SSH into the APs and disabled the virtual controller setting per step B 2 in these instructions: 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081758

You can determine which is the virtual controller but SSHing into the APs and funning the following commands:

>En

#self

#show context

One of the settings will be "virtual-controller"

BR,

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph

Thanks for advice.

I checked two AP’s configuration, then these are in no virtual control mode. This VLAN has only one controller that is new VX9000-DEMO. This VLAN has only two AP310 and one VX9000.There is no unknown controller and AP on this LAN for lab.

I cannot find a solution in the CLI manual, so I do factory reset the no connected AP even though I didn't want. Then, the VX9000 found the AP soon.

I couldn’t understand the problem. Adoption mode and switch port mode on ge2 are may not the problem.

Do you have any ideas for this problem?

BR,

sho

Hello Sho,

I would recommend that you uninstall the demo version, install the full version and contact us for temp licenses while testing. Make sure that you install at the very least the 7.7.1.5 version. 

Make sure that the controller ge 1 port, switch port both the APs and controller are connected tod and the AP ge 1 port allow the vlan you are working with. 

Since the VX is in the broadcast domain you should not have any issues adopting via layer 2, but you can also try layer 3 adoption which we recommend per these instructions: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081714

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN