Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Wing -> XCA -> XMC = no clients records

Wifi Wing -> XCA -> XMC = no clients records

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III

Hello ,

I have two vx9000 controllers configured to pass data via XCA [nsight profile] to XMC.

XCA has no license for AP, and is used only as proxy.

AccessPoints are visible in XCA and XMC but no clients records are present.

Please let me know if i missing something or it is normal and works as expected ?

config of vx9000:

nsight-policy XCA
server host X.Y.Z.M https
self
use nsight-policy XCA

regards,

Tomek

6 REPLIES 6

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Tomasz,

Just to briefly expand Daren’s message, control-vlan parameter should only be configured for an RF Domain that is separate from the managing controller’s domain (ie. a branch of multi-site deployment), and only when that “remote” site (separate RF Domain) consists of APs and no site controller (we can adopt site controllers to a HQ controller in WiNG). The parameter is used to instruct APs on what VLAN can they find each other and RFDM most importantly. 99,99% of cases it’s the same as the native VLAN (and - honestly - I’m not sure why it has to be a separate parameter from the native VLAN).

This parameter can break things up when used in different types of AP/controller placement.

If you wish we can also assist you in some troubleshooting, these may come handy:

show mint neighbors
show mint links
show adoption status
show adoption pending
show adoption history
show adoption log adopter
show adoption log adoptee #issued on the AP

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee

Hi Tomasz,

Even if APs un-adopted because of the change they should have come right back

It might be best for you to open a ticket with GTAC.
Its a possibility issue is with how system is deployed/configured.

We will need the tech-support from the controller and 1 AP to start looking at the issues.

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III

Hi, after removing that APs un-adopted controller.

Tomek

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee

If controller is in default rf-domain can you remove both the control-vlan and the controller-managed configuration from the rf-domain.

GTM-P2G8KFN