cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Image Format for bootm command, ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Wrong Image Format for bootm command, ERROR: can't get kernel image!

adf10
New Contributor III

I have an AP7532 which does not boot, connecting with the console it reports Error message: Wrong Image Format for bootm command", "ERROR: can't get kernel image!"  as you can see here:ErrorError

I've waited or max failed attempts but it does not happen.   

If I press ESC before loading runtime image it let me in with a basic CLI and I can see some commands that suggest an image could be loaded via tftp.

Can you help me with instructions on how to do this and,  is the image the file we use to upgrade the firmware?

Thank you in advance for your help

Alex

6 REPLIES 6

rmu
New Contributor III

hi

unfortunatelly i don´t have ideas anymore. 

best would be to open a gtac case for a rma.

ap should have limited lifetime waranty as far as i know.

nr

rmu

rmu
New Contributor III

hi

use help to see the commands

when i remember right you can use "printenv" to see the config and "setenv" to change the settings.

you´ll see the ip of the ap, i think the gateway address and the configured address of the tftp server.

you can try to load the ap image and boot it

take the LEAN image without the gui

nr

rmu

adf10
New Contributor III

Thank you for your suggestion, I've been trying to do as you mention, however Image is downloaded but not booted.   I'm using bootp which acording to help can boot a downloaded image from tftp , I also used tftpboot with the same result.  Do you know any other procedure to do this?

here is a Printscreen:

AP7532-error-boot.jpg

DariusLapinskas
New Contributor II

Images supplied by Zebra are for their internal firmware flashing utility and I doubt if it would be possible to flash them in using low level "BIOS" utilities.

GTM-P2G8KFN