Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2G124-12P Cannot access management

D2G124-12P Cannot access management

1TallTXn
New Contributor
D2G124-12P running current firmware.

Handed the unit to a coworker for testing of a new RADIUS system. In that process, we attempted to enter the admin password too many times.
We figured we could let it sit and it would unlock.
Well, it's been two weeks and it's still not unlocked.

I have no output from the console port.
not locked, just nothing out of it.
Even during boot, it doesn't show anything.
I've checked all the baud rates, still no love.

It's a dev unit, but I'm fairly sure that I didn't disable the console port.

Seeing as I don't have any console access, pressing the reset button to clear the password doesn't help.

All the lights are green and it does function as a switch just fine.

Is there a way to hard factory reset this thing?
Any other means of gaining access?
9 REPLIES 9

I've tried every cable I have. Nothing works on the D2.

The console cable pinout for D-series and XOS isn't the same....

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-the-pinout-for-N-Series-RJ45-to-DB9-c...

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-the-pinout-for-RJ-45-console-port-on-...

Any other D2 to test the cable just to make sure you've a working console cable setup.

I know it's a pain in the.... I've 5 different console cables in my backpack just because every model uses a different cable pinout 😞

The other switches are X450-G2s, and I've tried all the cables I have and they work on them.

just to make sure - the "other" switch is also a D2 ?

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
To connect to a D2 console, you need more than just a rollover cable. You need a standard ethernet cable and the serial adapter that came with the D2. Once you get into it via console, the password can be cleared by removing the config from the pre-boot menu. There is also a small password reset button on the front of the d2. Just press it for 5 seconds after the switch is booted. Password for admin will be blank.
GTM-P2G8KFN