cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase number of wireless client events shown in OneView

Increase number of wireless client events shown in OneView

James_A
Valued Contributor
How can I increase the number of wireless client events shown in OneView? I found in Administration/Wireless/Wireless Event Summary that Client event history size is set to 5000, which only gives me an hour or two of events. I couldn't work out where to change it.

Also, is it possible to view the wireless client events from the client view itself? Currently client history is just some graphs, and the portview wireless details only has current information.
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Thanks, I need to keep that in mind for the future, too many views if you are new to the tool 🙂

ddddebacd82d4d1f81cc68c9360da17a_RackMultipart20131206-13198-o6ud4t-client_events_portview_inline.png

James_A
Valued Contributor
In Wireless/Clients/Client Events I get a list of events, including type (auth, roam, registration, de-registration, state change, active) MAC/IP/username, AP name, BSSID/SSID, location (!), RSS, auth state. I can't work out how to view much of this data for a particular client except by searching for them in this view - I'd expect it to be in the Client PortView. Ahh, I just found it - you have to right click on the client in the PortView and there's a Client Event History option.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
James,

I think you'd change the event history in the Netsight Console -> options -> Console -> OneView Collector -> Edit Client History and Threat options (screenshot attached).

I don't understand the second part of the question - could you tell me the exact path in OneView that you are talking about.

Greetings,
Ron

f9d806e923e04eee8d79fb5c8456eb0e_RackMultipart20131206-6566-1q4rv2w-client_events_settings_inline.png

Thanks for such a great answer Ronald!
GTM-P2G8KFN