cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragon IPS 8.3 change the IP Address subnet of network sensors

Dragon IPS 8.3 change the IP Address subnet of network sensors

meAP
New Contributor
I am running Dragon IPS 8.3 and I need to change the subnet and gateway for 2 IPS sensors. What is the best way to complete these tasks?
2 REPLIES 2

meAP
New Contributor
I edited the settings within the /etc/network/interfaces file and then rebooted the appliance to change the subnet mask and gateway settings. One of the appliances rebooted and came up without any issue. The other appliance did not come back up and I had to go in and change the name of the interface from eth0 to em1 within the /etc/network/interfaces file. I then rebooted the appliance again and everything worked.

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
I'll admit it's been a while since I worked with dragon, so my apologies if I'm off a bit.

If it is the Network Sensor appliance image and not the EMS server, you can just reinstall the Network Sensor without any impact on the system. Nothing should be lost on the sensor itself, as all the data is stored on the EMS. Everything should be pushed back down from the EMS server by redeploying the system. You will probably want to save all the settings from the sensor to reconfigure it to connect back to the EMS server, such as the config channel shared secret and such.
If you have it running on your own OS, you can just change the IP and gateway as normal.

On the EMS server you will need to edit the node to update the new IP, commit the changes, and then redeploy.

Hope that helps,
GTM-P2G8KFN