cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Proxy Radius in HiveManagerNG?

How to configure Proxy Radius in HiveManagerNG?

carlos_sanz
New Contributor

Hello:

Anyone know how to configure Proxy Radius in HiveManager NG, because I only find documentation of the Clasic version.

Regards,

Carlos Sanz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When you push a configuration out that requires a Radsec proxy connection to the IDM servers, two APs will be automatically elected as the proxy APs. If one goes down, another will be selected to take it's place. You can tell which AP is the radsec proxy by running the command "show idm".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is odd. Just off the top of my head I'd say if there is something blocking the APs from talking to each other then they might believe they need more Rad sec servers, but that's just a guess at this point. I would recommend opening a technical support case to investigate that further with our engineers.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Right now I have a separate network policy for each of my physical locations. I noticed the issue with the multiple icons, so to see if it would continue I pushed similar changes to a separate location/network policy. Currently I have 3 locations total using this PPSK SSID with the Cloud DB user group.

There are over 50 APs at the first location showing the RADSEC icon.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It will elect per location, before you just added the new location, were we working with a single location or multiple?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I just pushed it to a second location via a seperate network policy and it's only showing on two APs as expected.

This is in Hivemanager (formerly NG) with AP550's on 8.2r4.

The site mentioned above is also AP550's but with a mix of 8.2r4 and 10.0r5, however there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some have the icon and others don't.

GTM-P2G8KFN