cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have bought some second hand access points - only to discover that the original owner (no longer available) had disabled the reset button. I can connect to the console, but can't logon - obviously. How to I reset the units.

I have bought some second hand access points - only to discover that the original owner (no longer available) had disabled the reset button. I can connect to the console, but can't logon - obviously. How to I reset the units.

asd
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That might be tough to fix. The default credentials are admin/Aerohive1 and admin/aerohive, if those don't work we can try a couple tricks. I'd need the serial number of the device, if you could email it to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I'll see what I can do. Also we'd need to make sure the AP was connected to the internet while I'm trying to get it to either reset or connect for us.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That might be tough to fix. The default credentials are admin/Aerohive1 and admin/aerohive, if those don't work we can try a couple tricks. I'd need the serial number of the device, if you could email it to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I'll see what I can do. Also we'd need to make sure the AP was connected to the internet while I'm trying to get it to either reset or connect for us.

GTM-P2G8KFN