cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Display string from ports on switch is not being displayed in XMC

Display string from ports on switch is not being displayed in XMC

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
We have an X440G2 running 22.4.1.4 22.4.1.4-patch1-2 that correctly shows the configured port display string in the "Switch Port" column in XMC. We have another X440G2 running the same version of XOS but the display strings for each port are not showing up in XMC for that switch. We thought we had them configured the same, but clearly something is missing. What setting controls that information being polled from the switch?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Now that we are running 22.5.1.7-patch1-7 and MAC authentication, the "Switch Port" column is correctly showing what is configured via "display-string" so it seems like it was just an issue when using identity management.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Now that we are running 22.5.1.7-patch1-7 and MAC authentication, the "Switch Port" column is correctly showing what is configured via "display-string" so it seems like it was just an issue when using identity management.

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
That was a suggestion that I received (using description string), but I don't understand why display-string works on the one switch using the same settings. We would rather only have to configure one option on each port and be able to query the results in XMC and in Cacti.

Regarding the version, we are trying to stick to the "most stable release" as per https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/compatibility-matrices/sw-release-extremexos-eos/?_ga=2.160210622.28786639.1548692841-1377444939.1542305913

M_Nees
Contributor III
i recommend use 22.6 patch1-1 - netlogin runs much better than with 22.4 ...

M_Nees
Contributor III
set display string also as description string on the ports and this will works reliable !
GTM-P2G8KFN