Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Extreme Analytics For EXOS, VOSS and SLX

Extreme Analytics For EXOS, VOSS and SLX

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Community

In the past couple of years we have deployed a few Purview installation, using S series switches.
The deployment guides provided with Purview was great!!.
It had detailed information around deployment options with S series switches, listing the exact commands ect for each deployment option.
You could have basically just followed this deployment guide line for line and all would be working in 5 to 10 minutes.

I recently wanted to start testing Extreme Analytics (Purview) with some EXOS switches, VOSS Switcthes in my LAB.
Looking at the config guides ect we see very little to no documentation on the setup required for EXOS, VOSS or even SLX.

Does Extreme have an "Extreme Analytics" (Purview) deployment guide that covers all the different switches?

And if not it would be very usefull for all extreme users to have a document similar to the Purview/S Series deployment guide, covering the different switch series.

Your comments on this would be welcome
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
For XOS = click add in Application Telemetry Sources ?

Select what option you'd need in "Flow Collection Type" and then just click add in Telemetry.
If the switch supports it (= hardware/software) it's available to select and that's it.

XMC will telnet/ssh to the switch and add the required CLI commands.

f359c37fac4b490b98962d88c9f8589d_00d829ff-981f-45fa-bbb2-83cd4567e794.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi Tomasz, I've found the flow limits on the Realease notes.
Thanks

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Antonio,

EXOS devices since 22.4 (all currently on-sale).
VOSS since 7.1.
SLX9140 probably is en route with that.
All above with telemetry (I hate that name, I get flashbacks about some nasty Windows 10 processes).
You might find this useful: https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/releasenotes/extended_firmware_support_8.2.htm

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi, is there an update list of all switches model EXOS, VOSS, SLX that support analytics based on the latest releases of software (IPFIX, netflow\N mirror, application telemetry)?
And is there a document for the limits regarding analytics of the different platform?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
For VOSS (VSP) you will need XMC version 8.2
For EXOS you can use 8.1
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN