Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest and IoT Manager Configuration

Guest and IoT Manager Configuration

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

In case you are like me and don't read 170+ pages of the configuration manual you might run into the same issue as me.

After deploying the .ova and the initial IP setup via VM console you need to access the GUI via the admin url - if you just use the IP you get to the provisioner login and you get "Server error - Please contact Admin".

So please use the below url to access as admin to finish the initial configuration...

https:// < GIM-IP > /GIM/admin/login

-Ron
24 REPLIES 24

I guess the only last thing to check here would be to make sure that the FQDN specified as your gateway actually resolves to the .204 gateway, specifically from the GIM device (this would require you to set the DNS domain on the GIM and get to the CLI to execute an nslookup - which is a special debug procedure you can get from GTAC). To eliminate that, maybe try just putting in the .204 address of the engine instead of the fqdn. Aside from that, everything appears to be configured correctly so GTAC would be your next stop so they could gather some further debug info on the config.

htw
New Contributor III
Using IP-Adress instead of FQDN did not help.  I will ask GTAC.

Hilario_Martin
New Contributor II

Hi htw, did you get any help/news from GTAC?

htw
New Contributor III

Hi hilario,

I opened a GTAC case and after suppliyng debug logs they were able to reproduce that issue (XMC and GIM versions were 8.2.6.5 then ). We received a workaround from GTAC which included creating another NAC Appliance group, moving NACs to that new group, removed GIM appliance from old group and also adding to new group, and checking some things like GIM domain and Local repository. Then it worked perfekt and since then, we made some updates without problems to currently 8.3.3. We never had to use this workaround anymore.

Hilario_Martin
New Contributor II

Hi htw,

just to feedbak that I did  same as you but upgrading firstly to 8.3.3 and then creating new repository. Now everything is working as expected.

many thanks 🙂

HM. 

GTM-P2G8KFN