cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How Configuring Events and Traps in Switches Extreme XOS

How Configuring Events and Traps in Switches Extreme XOS

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
I need to configure events in the logs of the switch and also that these are replicated to NetSight as I set these alerts on Switch Extreme and that can be displayed in NetSight?

61321db3e9a04258a23f4f78ae29d934_RackMultipart20160608-109449-1p6pmzf-ELRP_SNMP_inline.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II
This is the configuration over Switch Extreme

e94d8793b3e846959a5fb55a967a36bf_RackMultipart20160609-2488-15wrlmn-SNMPV3_CONFIG1_inline.jpg

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II

170ce96db44c4ee3863c540ac535d53f_RackMultipart20160609-122329-1norfzt-NETSIGHT_SNMP_TRAPS_ERROR4_inline.jpg

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Would you confirm if the SNMP community information on the switch match the community credentials you are using in NetSight to communicate with the switch?

In the Trap Receiver Configuration window, there is an error in the Status field. I cannot read all of it. It says "Error 100 - All..." Would you let me know what the complete error message is?

Also, In the Trap Receiver Configuration window can you click on the SNMPtrapd tab and verify that the "engine id" value matches what is configured on the switch? To get the engine id value on the switch enter the command "show snmpv3 engine-info". If there is no engine id in NetSight, you can click the 'Get EngineID' button.

Jairo_Rojas_Her
New Contributor II

bbdf45f4d0c44cffa51fe1e1e2cbcb31_RackMultipart20160609-34360-6mfp0g-NETSIGHT_SNMP_TRAPS_ERROR3_inline.jpg

I already appear in the events Syslog alarms, but does not appear in the Traps and Alarms also in the Console do not appear, but I falata to tune?

Acting aveidencias events in the Log Switch but do not appear in the console alarms NetSight

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Jairo,

It looks like you don't have NetSight configured as a trap receiver on the switch. Please confirm that the correct VR is being used in the communication settings as mentioned in the article link below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Inventory-Manager-Failed-to-Upgrade-Firm...

As mentioned in the article, for the Firmware Download MIB and Configuration MIB menus, you should select Script for both and the Device Family Definition File Name select ExtremeXOS - TFTP(VR-Mgmt)

If any changes are made, make sure to save them by clicking on the Save button near the top right corner of the screen.

Then try to add NetSight as a trap receiver again.
GTM-P2G8KFN