Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC Pre-Registration Portal CSV Template Customization

NAC Pre-Registration Portal CSV Template Customization

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Hello,

We host a lot of events on our premise with hundreds of Guest users. We currently handle guest access for these events by manually creating a shared user and setting the appropriate Start/Expiration dates and device count, based on the event size.

We are looking to move away from using shared users for these events. We need to maintain the ability to set the device count and Start/Expire time for each of these users. Below are my initial questions.

1. Is it possible to customize the Pre-Registration Portal CSV Template, in order to include the Start and Expiration date and device count for the registered user, as well as the description fields for the local user.

2. Is it possible to grant non administrators the ability to upload the CSV Templates? I saw in an older hub article that only Admin's can do so, and we would want lower level support staff to be able to handle Bulk Guest account creation.

3. Is it possible to expire the Local User automatically once the registered user Expires? Currently I believe the Local user remains and needs to be manually deleted even after the registered user expires, which is fine for a few users but not for thousands.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
That is what I need to test. I'll let you know what I find

Thanks
-Ryan

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Thank you for this info. We have tested and implemented all three suggestions. There is one more piece to Question #1, can we also add the Start Time in the same manor?

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello Joshua,

1. Yes.... https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/NAC-Control-How-to-create-a-Expire-Time-wh...

I think there is potential for other fields to be added, but I would need to investigate.

2. Yes, in the "role" section for the user in the "Administration" section of the captive portal configuration all you need is the "pre-registration" role to access the Pre-Registration pages.

3. Please enable "delete expired users" in the captive portal configuration. Local users will be removed on expiration of the registration.

I need some time to investigation #1, and am working with Mr. Hynes through your case.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN