Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC unlicensed after upgrade to 8.4.3.24

NAC unlicensed after upgrade to 8.4.3.24

Ralf
New Contributor II

Hello,

we have three virtual Access Control Engines: two with a NAC-V-20-License and the third was licensed by our NMS Advanced license.

After upgrade to 8.4.3.24 today, the Engine uses the NMS Advanced license shows as unlicensed and I can´t Enforce it.

Has anyone an idea? I started the Java client, same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Ralf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

The NMS Advanced Bundle will be the most precedent license on the list and will be used to attempt to license the NAC appliances. You get a 90 day grace period after upgrade to upgrade the license, which is in line with the expires date for the license.

You should also remove the Advanced Bundle and NMS Bundle licenses. Licenses are not additive so they’re really just making things more confusing at this point.

Once upgraded see if the NAC’s license themselves, if they don’t click on the NAC → Details → click the “Update license” link.

If a prompt does appear please read it thoroughly. I believe it asks “Do you want to use a license other than the NMS license applied to the system”. In this case you want to hit “no”, because you want to use the applied license.

Thanks

-Ryan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ralf
New Contributor II

It worked after upgrading the license - thank you very much!

Regards, Ralf

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

The NMS Advanced Bundle will be the most precedent license on the list and will be used to attempt to license the NAC appliances. You get a 90 day grace period after upgrade to upgrade the license, which is in line with the expires date for the license.

You should also remove the Advanced Bundle and NMS Bundle licenses. Licenses are not additive so they’re really just making things more confusing at this point.

Once upgraded see if the NAC’s license themselves, if they don’t click on the NAC → Details → click the “Update license” link.

If a prompt does appear please read it thoroughly. I believe it asks “Do you want to use a license other than the NMS license applied to the system”. In this case you want to hit “no”, because you want to use the applied license.

Thanks

-Ryan

Ralf
New Contributor II

We moved NMS and NAC from 8.3.1.9 to 8.4.3.24.

It seems like the Advanced Bundle will expire:

8a8491deecb749f08382606818e04f46_7a7d148d-ace8-49e7-94fc-6a977d7e51de.png

So I have to upgrade the license. I leave a reply here if it worked.

Thank you.

Best Regards, Ralf

PeterK
Contributor II

Thank you for your idea, but the reboot of the NAC and the NMS didn´t help.

Regards, Ralf

Ok,

than you should check licensing, as Ryan wrote.

GTM-P2G8KFN