cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Netsight V8 - WebShell - logging functionality

Netsight V8 - WebShell - logging functionality

M_Nees
Contributor III
Currently i do some lab test to get in contact with the new Netsight V8.

Now SSH is directly useable within OneView (Web Browser). It works nice and very fast.

7b849f17c3104cd1a82490f479d8d992_RackMultipart20170606-67655-gomye5-1_inline.png

But i am looking for way to grep all the output (during the whole session) as i do in Putty.
In Putty i can do easy "Copy All to clipboard" or enable session logging to a local file.

Is in WebTerminal maybe also such a functionality ?

Regards
21 REPLIES 21

Bump for the above requests. These requests are just the basics we use in putty. I *love* that finally the credentials in the profile now let you autologin to the switch with the webshell.

Just a point, hopefully that won't be taken wrong, but when a new feature is missing the basics like copy and paste, minimizing the window, logging etc, it looks like it wasn't tested out with people that use the feature on a day to day basis.

Hi Mike,

do ypu know if there a plans to modify / enhance this Webshell ?

Copy and Paste is a must have feature ...

Logging is nice to have ...

Minimize button or make it in a separate Windows is also must have, because currently this windows overlay the rest of Netsight - so checking something is limited.

PS: I have not so much freetime to open for this demands each a CR ...

Regards,
Matthias

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
I can Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V from the WebShell to Notepad, but cannot find a way to paste into the webshell.

Thanks right - same issue.

But that is basic functionality.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I agree, WebShell is great but a copy/paste function would even make it more useful.
GTM-P2G8KFN