cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"404 - Not Found" on xmc VM

"404 - Not Found" on xmc VM

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor

I have read a number of KBs on this, but they don't seem to apply to us a we don't have the same paths.

This article: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000060092 says to edit "/Install_path/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration/emc.xml" except we don't have a "widlfy" subdirectory in our install. We are running 8.1.2.59 whch we downloaded as a .ova file and deployed from that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bruno_Quintanil
New Contributor II
Hi There,

i had the same issue. My VM had dynamic memory and the setup was made for 16GB.
I tried to increase the memory on my VM following the link provided above but got the 404 message.

I got it fixed by setting a fixed ammount of 16364MB of memory and the nsserver.cfg to

-Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:HeapDumpPath=../../nsdump.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

then restart the service.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Bruno_Quintanil
New Contributor II
Hi There,

i had the same issue. My VM had dynamic memory and the setup was made for 16GB.
I tried to increase the memory on my VM following the link provided above but got the 404 message.

I got it fixed by setting a fixed ammount of 16364MB of memory and the nsserver.cfg to

-Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:HeapDumpPath=../../nsdump.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

then restart the service.

Hope it helps

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Apparently this was a known bug that was fixed with the release of 8.1.3.65.

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Just found out that XMC has been down since 5/26/18 until I rebooted the server today. Any other ideas into what we can look into as a path for resolution? It is definitely disconcerting to not have devices backups for those nights and we don't know what would happen if this server is actually brought live using NAC and the same thing happens again.

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Just had this happen again and the server is currently in a state showing the "404 - Not Found". What can I look at to see what may have caused it to go down again?
GTM-P2G8KFN