cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

"404 - Not Found" on xmc VM

"404 - Not Found" on xmc VM

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor

I have read a number of KBs on this, but they don't seem to apply to us a we don't have the same paths.

This article: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000060092 says to edit "/Install_path/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration/emc.xml" except we don't have a "widlfy" subdirectory in our install. We are running 8.1.2.59 whch we downloaded as a .ova file and deployed from that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bruno_Quintanil
New Contributor II
Hi There,

i had the same issue. My VM had dynamic memory and the setup was made for 16GB.
I tried to increase the memory on my VM following the link provided above but got the 404 message.

I got it fixed by setting a fixed ammount of 16364MB of memory and the nsserver.cfg to

-Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:HeapDumpPath=../../nsdump.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

then restart the service.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
We didn't make any changes to the settings after the .ova was deployed (thought everything was supposed to be configured as per recommendations via that method).

The VM has 32 GB of RAM.

The nsserver.cfg file shows the follwoing:
-Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:HeapDumpPath=../../nsdump.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

I will change that to match the suggestions on the page that you linked for a Medium system and see how things go.

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee

How much RAM does your VM have and how much RAM did you assign to the wildfly server (check file: /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/services/nsserver.cfg)?

Version 8 has new RAM requirements

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Ok, in "/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration" I do have the emc.xml file, however it appears to already have a deployment-timeout section set so I guess that isn't the fix for the "404 - Not Found" error in my case.

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee
Starting with XMC v8.0 we are using wildfly as the application server.
Please paste the content of this folder from your XMC: /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
We did not perform any upgrades; we deployed 8.1.2.59 directly from the ova file and we will randomly get the 404 error. the only way to resolve it is to restart the XMC VM.

All articles that I have read regarding 404 errors all mention editing files that do not exist in our installation.
GTM-P2G8KFN